Ravelympics Project Update:
Its day 3 and I’m stalled already. The cotton content of the yarn is making my hands very sore, and I’m resting them yesterday and today. If, when I work on the bloomers tomorrow it has the same effect then I will do a different projects, like squares for a couple of ladies in the RAK’s groups comfort blankets.
The weather in my neck of the woods:
Cold, wet. Springlike. Theres occasional spots of sunshine pouring through the clouds. The snowdrops and daffodil bulbs are poking thier shoots above ground, and I’m starting to think about what to plant in my container garden this year.
Some of my simple pleasures:
Having a new cushion to help support my upper body and back while on the sofa.It doesn’t sound like much but it makes all the difference!
On my bedside table:
A pile of Ironman comic books, some knitting, my meds and painkillers and a bottle of water. Insomnia struck last week and its playing merry havoc with my system.
On my TV:
The Winter Olympics; well that is when I can actually find anything other than the “round up” shows or them focusing entirely on one event in the live coverage…Not everyone can stay up till 2am to watch the events, and you think they would feature more of it on the BBC1 or 2 channels during the day.
On my Mp3 Player:
Stephenie Pearl-McPhee’s Casts Off: The Yarn Harlot’s Guide to the Land of Knitting. I’ve been feeling vaguely rebellious by crocheting while listening to it 😉
On the menu for tonight:
I don’t know, but I’m craving chips…so probably something with chips.
On my To Do List:
- Go to knitting group
- Go back to the doctors to get the latest blood tests results.
- Get my hair cut – I can’t deal with the management that waist length hair needs at the moment.
- Start work on a couple of articles and a book review.
- Work on my many unfinished projects…
Done from last weeks To Do List:
- Work on the hexagon blanket. I’ve completed 3 more hexagons which means 4 colour rows of the blanket are complete. Unfortunatly, while reviewing the remaining yarn, I realised I am short on some of the colours.
- Work on the Granny Squares. I completed the pink and black, made some purple and black and am now working on blue and black ones. I’m going to need more black!
- Rest. Done as best I could.
New Recipe I’m thinking of trying next week:
Slow Cooked Sausages in Cider.
Looking forward to:
The weather being warmer!
Lesson learned the past few days:
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.” A.A. Milne